Why You Should Buy a Condo in Snohomish
April 17, 2018
If you have ever thought that you may want to buy a condo in Snohomish, now is the perfect time. Choosing condo living over that of a single-family home or apartment has many advantages and can be a great option for newlyweds, small families or retirees. Here are a few reasons that opting for a condo can be a smart move:
- Access to a variety of amenities can be a huge plus. Condominium complexes offer a wide range of features of which you can be a part, including: swimming pools, hot tubs, fitness centers, clubhouses, golf courses, tennis courts and more.
- There are often social events just for condo owners that might encompass pool parties, happy hour or a family fun day.
- There may be a condo complex in a highly desirable part of town that may be otherwise inaccessible due to elevated housing costs. It will cost you less to live there while you can still enjoy living in a popular location.
- Buying a condo unit helps you build equity and provides tax deductions for property taxes and mortgage interest.
- Whether you plan to live in your condominium for a long time or a shorter period, the purchase is an investment and you can typically make money should you decide to sell. You also have the option to rent out your condo if you choose to allow the unit to pay for itself.
- One huge advantage to living in a condo is that you are not responsible for property maintenance. You will have to pay an HOA fee that can vary widely according to location and what is covered.