What You Should Know About Acreage for Sale in Lake Stevens
September 13, 2017
Sometimes, buying someone else’s home doesn’t have the right feel. Starting with a “clean slate,” or vacant land and a brand-new house that you can design any way you please are a big draw for many people. Locating acreage for sale in Lake Stevens, in an area of your choosing, can be a fun and exciting experience.
There are some important considerations that should be evaluated before deciding upon that “perfect” property. They include, but are not limited to:
- Zoning. Prior to signing a contract, be certain that you will be able to build the home that you have planned.
- Senses. Are there smells and sounds that are less than appealing in the area? Farm smells, exhaust fumes, sirens, train whistles and plane engines can devalue property and be a source of constant annoyance.
- Hazards. Investigate potential soil problems, a protected habitat, fire protection, etc.
- Elevation. Ensure that the land is stable.
- Easements. Learn about road maintenance and the boundaries for the land. Obtaining a land survey will help.
- Services. Is city water provided or will you need a well? Also look into the necessity for septic or sewer and electrical and communication services.
- Appraisals. Whether you have an appraisal as required by a lender or you acquire your own, this will help you make a suitable offer on the property you want to buy.
Speak with a professional realtor at New House Match at (425)268-0347 about available acreage for sale in Lake Stevens and schedule an appointment to view property in your desired location.