What to Know Before You View Properties for Sale in Lake Stevens
April 13, 2018
Buying a home is likely the most expensive purchase you will ever make, so it pays to know what you are getting into. There are some things you should know and steps you can take before you view properties for sale in Lake Stevens to make the process easier for you.
- Find out your credit rating and score to know what you can afford. Don’t make any large purchases while you are home shopping, as these can affect your score.
- Get pre-approval from a reputable lender.
- Understand all the related expenses that come with purchasing a home, including property taxes, insurance, repairs, etc.
- Narrow your focus to properties that tick most of the boxes on your “must have” list.
- Work with a realtor whom you can trust.
- Recognize the value of property that interests you.
- Authenticate all information about a home that is in its listing.
- Picture you (and your family), as well as your furniture, in the home.
- Hire a reliable home inspector and ensure the home is up to code in every area.
- Ask about homeowner association fees and what is covered, if applicable.
- Determine if there are any problems with water, electricity, gas, mold, asbestos and radon.
- Don’t let paint color and carpet be a deal breaker. These can easily be changed to suit your taste.
- Look at potential resale value.
These are only some of the many ways you can prepare yourself for buying a home. You can contact Lacey Lingenfelter at New House Match at (425) 268-0347 to set up an appointment to view properties for sale in Lake Stevens and to answer all your questions about the current real estate market.