Tips You Need to Know Before You Buy a Home in Lake Stevens
January 25, 2018
Whether you are looking to buy a home in Lake Stevens for the first time or you have completed the process before, it pays to be prepared. Follow these recommendations to ensure that you are ready and have all the information required to make a purchase.
- Research the home buying process in advance. It never hurts to know too much.
- Determine if it is worth your time and money to buy rather than rent. The decision is different for everyone.
- Be wary if considering a fixer-upper. Even the handiest individuals have issues when there are significant problems, particularly in the foundation or basement.
- Learn everything you can about your home choices. Your real estate agent is a valuable ally in this regard. Don’t forget to investigate the neighborhood!
- It can be challenging to juggle the sale of your current home while buying a new one.
- Making sure that your finances are in good order will allow you to more quickly and easily qualify for a mortgage and get a lower interest rate. Check your credit rating before house shopping.
- Have at least a 20% down payment ready when you find the “perfect” house.
- Avoid these deal-breakers: flood zone, sewer line and plumbing issues, electrical problems, restrictions on zoning and the need for a new roof.
- Buy a home that costs less than you can afford.
- Don’t be rushed or pressured to make a quick decision. As this type of purchase is likely the most you will spend at one time, it is in your best interest to proceed slowly and carefully.
Contact Lacey at New House Match at (425)268-0347 to buy a home in Lake Stevens.