Tips from the Pros to Sell Your Home in Mill Creek
February 26, 2017
While there are literally hundreds of steps you can take to get ready to sell your home in Mill Creek, let’s focus on some general tips that are simple to initiate but make your property appealing to potential buyers. When looking at comparable houses in your neighborhood or nearby areas, these steps will help your home stand out from the competition.
On the inside of your home, be sure to:
- Remove the clutter. This includes personal memorabilia and photos. Box up items and put away neatly in the garage or a storage unit.
- Home storage areas like closets should contain few items to emphasize the amount of storage space.
- Use light bulbs that are a higher wattage for maximum brightness and ensure all doors and drawers open easily.
- Deep clean your home yourself or hire a professional service.
On the exterior of the house, pay attention to these areas:
- Make certain your house number is prominent and legible.
- Take stock of the paint job on the entire structure and the front door, in particular. Repaint if needed.
- Invest in a new doormat.
- Power wash the home’s exterior.
- Trim shrubs and trees and add a pop of color with a couple of colorful plants in pots.
- Put away toys and yard equipment.
- Inspect for safety hazards.
- Remove cobwebs and stains.
- Hide the garbage cans and hoses.
For additional tips to quickly sell your home in Mill Creek, call New House Match at (425)268-0347. We look forward to serving your home-selling needs and finding the perfect new house just for you.