Follow Protocol when You View Homes for Sale in Lynnwood
May 24, 2018
While it is not necessary to have your own real estate agent when buying a home and when you view homes for sale in Lynnwood, it can really help you navigate the process. A professional has the necessary experience and knowledge of the local area to aid you in finding a house that meets your needs and is within your price range.
To have a good working relationship with your realtor, it is important to follow some simple protocols to make the process flow more smoothly. Here’s what you need to know:
- Most agents work on commission, and their income depends on closing sales. As a result, your realtor is highly motivated.
- Respect your real estate agent’s time.
- Allow your buying agent to deal with listing agents. Do not tackle this yourself.
- Observe proper procedure when attending open houses. Make sure the listing agent knows you are working with a realtor.
- Complete a broker agreement with your realtor. This document outlines what you can expect from your real estate agent.
- Sign an agency disclosure that states that you are represented by your real estate agent.
- Be straightforward about what you expect from your agent regarding transportation to and from showings, method and timing of communication and the timeframe you have to find a home.
- Only sign documents that you completely understand and agree to.
- Engage a real estate agent only if you are prepared to buy a home. Arrange care for your children when looking at homes so that you can give all your attention to the showing.