What to Know about Foreclosure Homes for Sale in Bothell
November 9, 2017
When looking for a home, you always want to get the most house for the least money. Sometimes this could happen with foreclosure homes for sale in Bothell. However, there are some things you should know before shopping for this type of property, as they may have a bearing on your potential purchase.
- Foreclosure properties are best purchased from a bank and not through an auction. A prospective buyer is unable to inspect the home prior to making a bid or find out if there are any liens on the property. The homeowner is occasionally still living in the house during the auction process, so a buyer would have to evict and deal with possible vandalism. Auction purchases are typically cash only, as well, which is typically out of reach for most home buyers.
- Many real estate agents specialize in foreclosure properties and can adeptly navigate the sale with ease.
- Pre-qualification is a smart idea so that, if you locate the perfect foreclosure, you can snap it up quickly.
- Realize that foreclosures usually appraise lower than traditional homes because of neglect or damage.
- In addition to the cost of the home, be sure to set aside money for repairs. Foreclosures are typically sold “as is,” which means that they could be (although not always) in poor overall condition.
For valuable guidance regarding foreclosure homes for sale in Bothell, contact Lacey at New House Match at (425)268-0347. We have the inside scoop on all types of properties for sale and in all price ranges.