How to Find a Real Estate Agent in Seattle
December 29, 2017
There are some steps you can take to ensure that you find a real estate agent in Seattle who has the expertise and personality to work with you when you are selling your home or looking to buy another one:
- Real estate agents are not all created equal. While there are many new brokers who do a wonderful job with their clients, many individuals prefer to work with someone who has more experience in the local real estate market.
- If possible, an agent should be quite familiar with the city and neighborhoods that interest you and should have knowledge about the community and schools.
- Before choosing a broker, look online to make certain that she has the appropriate credentials and has met licensing requirements.
- Although not a deal breaker by any means, it pays to notice which agents have received accolades within the real estate community.
- Relatives and friends are often reliable sources for recommendations for a specific agent. Realize, though, that each client’s needs vary and what works for one buyer or seller may not be applicable to you.
- Ask if the agent who interests you works solo or with a group.
- If you must meet a particular time limit, make sure a potential agent is available and willing to work more quickly to close a deal.
- Ask for and check on a list of references.
- Trust your first impression. Ensure that you bond with the agent before signing on to a business association.
To find a real estate agent in Seattle, call New House Match at (425)268-0347.